By: Red Hot Mamas
Published: June 13, 2013
I’ve always considered myself to be a strong person who makes decisions on my own. Lately, my views are changing. In my lifelong quest for the best health and first rate healthcare, I’ve discovered that I won’t get that without asking a lot of questions to my doctors and paying attention fully to my health as it changes.
As we approach the upcoming summer months, I hope that you take special precautions to avoid the UV damage from the beautiful summer sun. It’s not only wrinkles and age spots that we need to worry about, it’s the risk of developing skin cancer. Here are a few tips that you might want to consider to protect your skin:
- Stay out of the sun between 10am and 4 pm
- Plan your activities so that you are out of the sun during the hottest part of the day
- Use sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher – and wear sunscreen even on cloudy days
- Put sunscreen on 30 minutes before you go outside
- Wear your shades – UV rays can hurt your eyes
- Cover up with long sleeves and hat
- Check your skin regularly for changes. The best place to do a skin self-exam is in front of the mirror. Examine your skin from head to toe. If you find any changes, see your doctor right away
This upcoming weekend is Father’s Day and it’s time to put on our thinking caps to find a great gift. I always like buying gifts to enhance health and wellbeing. These days, there are so many health gadgets available to make a difference in your father’s health. From apps to pedometers, to heart monitors, a massage, a health assessment, why not give your dad something that will help him keep on ticking for a long time? Point him in a healthy direction and trust me, he’ll thank you.
Happy Father’s Day to all Dads, including those who have been called to Heaven!
Founder and President
Red Hot Mamas