By: Red Hot Mamas
Published: March 20, 2023
Dear Red Hot Mamas,
I appreciate you providing me information on this question. I would like to know, what are the risk factors for cervical cancer and what are the symptoms?
Some of the causes for cervical cancer include:
· Most of cervical cancers are caused by a virus called human papillomavirus.
· HPV spreads through sexual contact with a person who already possess it.
· Not all types of HPV cause cervical cancer. Some of them cause genital warts, but other types may not cause any infections.
The risk factors include:
· Human papillomavirus
· Multiple sexual partners or having sexual partners who have had multiple partners.
· Having sex at early age
· Sexually transmitted infections such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and HIV/AIDS
The symptoms include abnormal uterine bleeding and spotting as well as abnormal vaginal discharge. If any of these symptoms occur, please make sure that you have a prompt medical evaluation.