By: Red Hot Mamas
Published: August 9, 2017
Dear Red Hot Mamas,
Well if you are a stargazer, get your dark eclipse lenses now because on August 21, across the USA, the moon will eclipse with the sun. It is an incredibly rare event which occurs every 99 years. I hope you can share this exciting event with your friends and family.
And, if you’re anything like me, almost every conversation you’ve had recently has contained the phrase: “Can you believe it’s August already?” With only a month left of summer, it seems like everyone is savoring every last day. Some of you may be vacationing at the seashore, enjoying a cool breeze. Or, you may be even planning a last minute vacation. Whatever, you do, take the time and celebrate summertime. After all, August is the final month of summer, and before you know it Labor Day will he here. So, make the most of the last days of summer!
Here are a few minor holidays celebrated in August:
- August 1: World Wide Web Day
- August 3: National Watermelon Day
- August 6: National Friendship Day
- August 9: National Book Lovers Day
- August 10: National Lazy Day
- August 12: World Elephant Day
- August 15: National Relaxation Day
- August 19: World Humanitarian Day
- August 22: Be An Angel Day
- August 25: National Kiss and Make Up Day
- August 30: National Toasted Marshmallow Day
In closing, August for me is the perfect month in the year. I enjoy the fresh fruit and vegetables. The sunshine has boosted my serotonin level which has made me feel happier. And, I always look forward to National Relaxation Day on August 15th of each year. And, of course, the super sales begin in the department stores.
So, please take advantage of all that August has to offer – the great summer weather, the beautiful sunsets, and appreciate August, the summer you had and the month of it you have left.
Good Health to You All,