By: Red Hot Mamas
Published: July 13, 2010
At Red Hot Mamas, we know that sharing experiences and insights can help empower women to become active participants in the management of their menopausal symptoms. This month, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals is launching a new advocacy program, the Pausabilities Network, that may be of interest to you. The program is designed for women who want to share their experiences with natural or surgical menopause and have managed or are successfully managing their menopausal symptoms with hormone therapy.
Pausabilities Network volunteers will have the opportunity to discuss their experiences and how they considered the initiation of treatment, as well as encourage other women to talk to their health care professionals about treatment options and the overall impact of menopause on their lives.
While this volunteer program may not be for everyone, it is a unique outlet to help educate and empower women with information about the experiences and health care decisions associated with menopause.
As a Pausabilities Advocate, you may have the opportunity to:
- Reach out to other women who may benefit from your experience
- Talk about your own menopausal symptoms and hormone therapy
- Share how your treatment may have made a difference
- Speak to health care professionals to share your menopausal experience and the effect of your treatment
- Be interviewed by members of the media
- Be eligible to participate in marketing events and menopausal health programs
- If you are interested in joining the Pausabilities Network or have additional questions about the program, please call 1-800-951-4948 or e-mail the Pausabilities Network at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to provide your name and preferred contact information so a Pausabilities Network representative can contact you to answer your questions.