By: Red Hot Mamas
Published: April 13, 2021
Dear Red Hot Mamas,
Can you please help me with this? Each time I go to my doctor and if she gives me a new prescription I leave without asking her the right questions about the medication. Are there certain questions I should ask? I often do not call her office back and sometimes I don’t even take the medication because I didn’t address my concerns at the time of the appointment.
Thank you Red Hot Mamas for all your help.
It makes sense to prepare your questions ahead of time and bring them along to your appointment. You can adapt some of the following questions to your particular circumstance.
- What is the name of the medication you are prescribing?
- Is there a generic available?
- What is the cost of this medication?
- What is the benefit?
- What are the risks and side effects?
- How often should I take this medication?
- How long will I have to take this medication?
- Could this medication interact with any other medications or over-the counter products I am taking?
- Are there any foods or beverages I should I avoid while taking this medication?
- Do you have any written information that I can take home about this medication?
- After starting this medication, is a follow-up visit necessary? If so, when should I schedule a follow-up visit with you?
- What is the best way of contacting you if I think of questions later?
This list can be modified. We hope this is of help to you.