By: Red Hot Mamas
Published: August 21, 2019
Dear Red Hot Mamas,
I hate to admit it and I cannot talk to anyone about this so I am writing to you for advice. Since entering menopause (age 48), I am extremely stressed out. At times, it’s debilitating causing me to feel angry at my boss, husband and children. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Thank you for writing to Red Hot Mamas. We hope that we might help in some way.
First it is important that you tell your doctor the situation and explain how you are feeling. It is important that you try to identify what is currently stressing you out. There are ways to manage stress. The first would be to change the situation that is causing the stress. Secondly, to change your reaction to the situation that is causing stress. Also, learn ways to increase your tolerance for stress.
- Learn to say no respectfully to others and put limits on the demands from others.
- Take time for yourself – recreation and leisure are as important as work.
- Ask for help and learn to delegate.
- Add humor into your life on a regular basis.
- Practice relaxation techniques regularly.
- Do cardiovascular exercise at least three times a week.
- Separate the things which you have no control over and gently let go of them.
- Ask for professional help if needed.