By: Red Hot Mamas
Published: June 9, 2016
Dear Red Hot Mamas,
Detoxifying; purifying; cleansing, or whatever you want to call it, requires us all to be prudent about certain things we do which may help to protect our health.
8 things you might do within your home to help you stay healthy:
- Leave your shoes at the front door. When you walk outdoors, especially on lawns in the summer, you might have pesticides from lawn care products which can remain on your floor and in your carpets.
- If you made that trip to the dry cleaner, remove the plastic wrap that your clothes have been covered with. Why? Some dry cleaning products have been linked to cancer, as well as creating other health problems. So, air the dry cleaned clothes outside before putting them on.
- Filter your drinking water.
- Microwave your food in glass or ceramic containers covered with a paper towel or waxed paper. And do not microwave in plastic.
- Protect your pillows and mattresses from dust mites. Dust mites can lead to the development of asthma.
- Open those windows and air your home out. Bring that fresh air in even in the summer months.
- For general household cleaning, use products such as baking soda, vinegar and be smart by using non- toxic products. And always ventilate your room after using any cleaning product.
- Don’t hoard old paint in your garage or basement as paint may contain toxins. Buy what you need, and get rid of it when you’ve completed your painting.
In closing, I hope these tips help you along your path to staying healthy.
Good health to you all,