By: Red Hot Mamas
Published: August 9, 2017
Contributed by Karen Giblin- Red Hot Mamas Medical Expert
The choices you make today will have an effect on how healthy you are in the days ahead. So, carve out time for yourself and implement ways to stay healthy.
Here are simple things you can do to stay healthy:
1. Maintain a healthy body weight
2. Start moving and exercise regularly at least 30 minutes each day
3. Don’t smoke
4. Eat a healthy diet which includes 5 or more servings of fruits and vegetables daily. And, avoid refined sugars and starches
5. Drink alcohol only in moderation (no more than 2 drinks per day for men and 1 drink for women)
6. Protect yourself from the sun and use a sunscreen
7. Catch more ZZZs. Get enough sleep as your body needs ample rest
8. Get checkups and routine screenings (pap tests, mammograms, colonoscopies; immunizations; and checks of your blood pressure and cholesterol)
9. Manage stress properly (take time to read a good book, have a massage or spa day)
10. Wash your hands often to prevent yourself from getting sick
In conclusion, make time to incorporate modifications to adapting a healthier lifestyle. Your efforts will pay off in many ways, and for the rest of your life.