By: Red Hot Mamas
Published: September 11, 2015
Dear Red Hot Mamas,
Can you be a “change of life” beauty queen? Yes, you can, but it takes a commitment to put yourself in action! It sometimes takes some extra care and feeding of your skin at menopause. It may also requite revising skin care routines, changing your makeup and that same hairstyle you may be have been wearing for the last ten years. The key is to learn how to stay fabulous and maximize the resources that you were born with.
Our skin does take a toll at menopause. It becomes thinner, drier, and our dead skin cells don’t shed as rapidly as they used to. This can result in our having dull skin. You need to keep your skin clean, and switch to a rich moisturizer and exfoliate once or twice a week to remove those dead cells. Whenever I am in a department store, I ask the sales person for samples of creams and fluids. Just remember; never put these products near your eyes. Only use an eye cream for the eye areas. And, always remember to pick your products wisely.
Here’s some other red hot tips:
- Always protect your skin from the sun by using a SPF of at least 15 or more. Many moisturizers contain SPFs, too. Don’t forget to protect your neck and your hands, too.
- Rethink how you are using foundation – you might want to switch to a tinted moisturizer.
- If you notice your eyebrows have become thinner, try using a brow powder applying the color with an angled brush to create a soft brow. Sometimes eyebrow pencils can look too harsh.
- Cat eyes are in vogue, but they look good if you are in your early 20’s. Instead a fine line as close to your lashes as possible is far more flattering as we age. The Cleopatra look, needs to diminish.
- Go easy on the blush and blend, blend, blend! Don’t stop at the cheeks, brush across the temples, forehead and chin.
- Avoid lip liners darker that your lipstick and choose a shade that matches your lip color.
- And always remember, less is more. Don’t overdo it when applying makeup. And, if these tips aren’t enough, it may be worthwhile to visit your local department store and get a free makeover.
In closing, yes you can be a “change of life” beauty queen.
Take care of yourselves and stay healthy
Good health to you all,