By: Red Hot Mamas
Published: December 18, 2019
“Love the giver more than the gift.”
– Brigham Young
Dear Red Hot Mamas,
Happy Holidays from our team at Red Hot Mamas!
I sure hope that you can enhance the pleasure of your holidays by making your health a priority.
The holiday season is a wonderful time of year for most people, but it can also be a hectic and stressful time, too. We run around shopping, cooking, over indulging in our food intake and a lot of important things about our health go neglected.
You can take steps to help keep you merry, bright and healthy during the holiday season.
Here’s a few Red Hot Mamas tips:
* Don’t forget that its flu season so wash your hands often with soap and running water to prevent germs from spreading…And, of course, get a flu shot if you haven’t done it already.
* Manage stress by giving yourself a break. Moderation in all that you do should be your mantra. Avoid taking on too much as you will become stressed and fatigued.
* Get plenty of sleep. Even if your routine is interrupted by guests and/or travel, try to maintain a regular sleep schedule.
* Don’t drink and drive. And avoid excessive drinking as you will end up with a hangover and/or feel fatigued and drained.
* Choose your indulgences carefully. Be cognizant of what you eat and steer away from all those holiday goodies. Keep them out of your reach.
* Avoid getting into the fast food routine because you are busy. Pay attention to what you are eating and pay attention to your fullness level. All those extra calories aren’t worth those pants feeling tighter the next day!
* Maintain an exercise program. A post meal walk will burn calories. Just keep moving! Be active at least 2 ½ hours a week.
* Keep yourself organized. Make lists so you won’t feel stressed about having to do things at the last minute.
In closing, happy holidays and I sincerely hope that you stay in the spirit of the season with good health.
Good health to you all,